Always check your Docket Summary first to see if a refund is required
Please be advised that charges incurred for the following reasons will not be refunded:
- Duplicate charges for Parcel Registers requested multiple times. Parcel Registers can be reprinted by the original requester at no additional charge on the same day. To reprint, open the Administration panel in Teraview, and in the Dockets section, select Reprint.
- Searches performed in the wrong Enforcement Office/Land Registry Office.
- You experience difficulties and are unable to receive the results for your writ search. You can search the name again in Teraview on the same day at no additional charge as long as the request is made from the same account.
- Unable to register the same day that a writ search was conducted.
- Duplicate charges for Instruments requested accidently, or through the course of your research.
- Search information entered incorrectly.
- If the content of your transaction does not provide expected details. For example: A search by name not displaying current ownership of the parcel.
You may not need a refund if:
You are requesting a copy of a registered instrument in the system to act as a confirmation report on the same day as registration by the person who signed for completeness for the side paying for the registration, and you are not requesting an email copy.
Fill Out Form to Request Teraview Deposit Account Refunds Only
* Indicates a required field
Land Transfer Tax Refunds
To request a refund of Land Transfer Tax, please contact the Ministry of Finance at 416-360-1190 or 1-800-208-5263. Press 1 for help with electronic registration, then press 3 to be transferred to the Ministry of Finance.
Electronic Registration Fee and Paper Registration Request Refunds
To request a refund of Electronic Registration fees, please complete the Electronic Land Registration and Paper Submission Recommendation for Refund Request form.
Note: For a Paper Registration Request refund, the “Registration/Request Number(s) of Document(s) being refunded” in the form refers to the numbers starting with VV and UU that will appear in the Instrument List next to the Docket containing the registration request.
Note: Forms not authorized by Land Registry Office staff or that are incomplete or illegible will not be processed.