Teranet Inc. (the “Sponsor”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Electronic Land Registration Services Survey Contest (“Contest”) is subject to the following rules (“Rules”).
The Contest will consist of one draw from among the entries received by the Sponsor. The Contest Period commences November 26, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. EST and shall end on November 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
During the Contest Period:
(1) Complete all required fields on the Electronic Land Registration Services survey and then submit it to the Sponsor or designated agent of the Sponsor; and your name will be entered for the draw should you choose to provide a contact e-mail address or phone number at the outset of the survey. Entries by any other methods or
means will not be accepted. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of the number of survey forms submitted. All entries become the property of Teranet Inc.
The Contest is open to all qualified entrants who have, on the date of their entry in the Contest, attained the age of majority. Employees assigned to the Electronic Land Registration Services survey project team (and all employees of the Sponsor and its affiliates), their immediate family members and/or persons living in the same household, as well as employees of participating publicity and promotion agencies involved in the planning, production or conduct of the Contest are not eligible to participate. The Contest is not open to residents of the Province of Quebec.
Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of qualified entries received during the Contest Period.
A potential winner for the Contest will be selected in a random draw. The draw will yield one potential winner for the prize as described below. A representative of the Sponsor will conduct the prize drawing. To win the prize, a potential winner selected must provide the correct answer to a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without mechanical or electronic assistance, administered by telephone, e-mail or mail. The potential winner will be notified by telephone within 10 business days of the date that their name is drawn and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases. If a potential winning entrant: (a) cannot be contacted by telephone by the end of 10 business days following the draw, or (b) has not, or does not, comply with the Rules; or (c) provides an incorrect answer to the time-limited skill testing question, another potentially winning entrant shall be randomly chosen from the entries received during the Contest Period. The winner’s name will be published by the Sponsor following the receipt of the drawn winner’s release. The winner should receive the prize within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of confirmation that the skill testing question has been correctly answered and all required documentation has been returned.
The prize will consist of one (1) $200 gift card from Amazon.ca. No substitutions, transfers, assignments of or cash redemption of the prize is permitted. The Sponsor retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Some restrictions may apply. All prizes are in Canadian funds. All taxes, fees and surcharges, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
1. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. A printed copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a written request to the following address:
Teranet Inc., Attn. Communications, Suite 700,
123 Front Street West, Toronto,
Ontario M5J 2M2.
Entrants further agree to be bound by the interpretation and decisions of the Sponsor’s Contest judges, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds: (a) to be tampering with the Contest entry process and the operation of the Contest; (b) to be acting in violation of the Rules; (c) has submitted obscene or offensive feedback; or (d) has engaged in conduct in the Contest intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person.
3. The Sponsor will not be responsible for telephone, technical, network, on-line, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, late, illegible, garbled or delayed Internet computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof or for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries.
4. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond
the Sponsor’s control, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or withdraw the Contest without prior notice and without liability to the Sponsor. If the Contest is terminated, the Sponsor shall give notice on the Teraview website (www.teraview.ca).
5. The Contest is governed by the laws of Canada and any applicable provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
6. All taxes, fees, and surcharges, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
7. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promoting and publicizing the services of the Sponsor in any medium without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. A winner will be required
to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release. Failure by a winner to return any required documents within 5 days of courier delivery to the winner’s mail address or return of prize documents or prize as undeliverable shall result in disqualification of the winner and selection of an alternative winner, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The
Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternative winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be reasonably determined, such prize will go unawarded.
8. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and the awarding, use or misuse of the prize,
including liability for personal injury or damage to property.